A Guide to Choosing the Perfect Wedding Veil for you
Don’t know where to start when it comes to choosing your wedding veil? That's fair enough enough, its not an everyday purchase! But thats where we come in. We’re going to take you through the process of how to choose the right wedding veil for you. With countless options available in terms of style and length, it’s easy to feel overwhelmed by choice. Luckily for you, we’ve got some great tips to help you choose a beautiful wedding veil.
The first piece of advice we want to kick off with? Start by prioritising what’s most important to you. There is no “one size fits all” solution. It’s not as simple as seeing a veil and choosing that one. You’ll want to choose a wedding veil that suits your gown, matches your hairstyle and works with your style.
How To Choose A Wedding Veil
1. Decide on your wedding hairstyle first
Choosing your wedding hairstyle is really important for determining how your veil is to be secured. Here are some examples:
- If you’re going to have a lot of volume on top, you need to choose a veil that won’t pull your hairstyle down. You also need to be aware of the amount of detail in your veil. Beaded veils for instance, can be heavy on the hair.
- If you’re wearing a low bun or loose style, choosing a veil that needs to lay flat on top of the head is a perfect option.
- Gathered veils are a good option if you’re unsure of your wedding hairstyle because they’re very flexible.
2. What's your Wedding Dress like?
One of the most important parts of choosing a wedding veil is making sure it works with your dress. Your gown has such a huge impact on your veil of choice and you need to make sure it complements your dress. Here are some things to think about: