Wedding dress shopping is not your everyday high street shopping. However, visiting a bridal boutique is a completely different and completely enjoyable experience, a far cry from the crowds and messy changing rooms.
The Questions you Should ask Your Bridal Boutique
Ideally, you need to strategise before your appointment, so you can get the most out of the your slot. The pressure to find ‘the one’ is something all brides feel, and when looking online you may feel out of your depth. The truth is, no one ever really knows what dress will be ‘the one’ until they’ve tried it on.
This is where we step in. We have the answers to all of your questions on budget, delivery time, fittings and so much more. So you’ll be in good hands!
To ensure you attend your appointment prepared, we have rounded up a list of questions to fire out to cover all ground, and we have answered some already for Brides & Bustles to save you time.
So read on, take heed and enjoy taking the whole wedding dress shopping experience in your stride!
When you book your appointment:
Firstly, identify the price range of certain designers and their price range.
- My budget is between X and X, do you stock designers within this budget?
- What designers do you stock? You can find our brands here.
- I’m short on time! Do you sell sample dresses or can you accommodate rush orders? We work with several designers that offer a Rush Order service, however there is a charge for this. We also have a range of ex-sample gowns 'Love me, Buy me' which are available off the peg at a discounted price.
- How many of my entourage can I bring with me on my visit? Try and keep your bridal gang to a minimum, just your trusted advisors. More than 3 or 4 and you may end up getting a bit frazzled...!
- I’m planning on losing weight – can I still come and try dresses on now? It may be a good idea to wait a bit to buy your dress so that you can choose one that fits your new body shape. It is possible you may have more limited options since the timing will be a bit tight. However, feel free to book your appointment or call us as everyone is different and each designer has different lead times for their dresses.
When you visit the bridal boutique:
- What’s the difference between different designers?
- What range of styles do you stock?
- Is there an option to order coloured dresses as opposed to ivory or white?
- What dress shapes and silhouettes would look best for my body type?
- When you visit the bridal boutique, make the most of the accessories available to you too. You want to get an idea of what works with different dresses.
- Can I try on a selection of veils?
- What’s the time frame for me to decide, order and receive my dress? Most gowns can take approx 20 weeks from order to delivery. But the earlier the better!
- Do you have an in-house or recommended seamstress?
- How many alterations should I plan and budget for, and at what points?
- Are the alterations included in the dress price?
- Do I have to pay the entire cost at once, or is there a deposit and payment plan available?
- I’m getting married abroad, what fabrics should I steer clear of or go for?
- Do you have any advice when it comes to choosing underwear? Check out our blog post on bridal underwear!
- If I choose this dress, what belt, jewellery or accessories would you add?
- How easy would it be to alter this dress – for example, adding or removing sleeves, adding embellishment, altering the neckline etc?
- Can you show me how to bustle up the train or lace up my dress? Here's a link to me guiding you through the lacing up process!
- Does my dress need to stay hung up? Should it be kept anywhere specific beforehand?
- How about after the wedding – do you have tips for preserving my dress or a box to store it in?
Once you’ve checked off every element of the list, you’re in a good position to make a decision about buying your wedding dress.
Ready to join us at Brides & Bustles? Book your appointment now by using the details below.
Tel: 01582 883773